on & on

(like erykah or etcetera...)

Monday, January 17, 2005

no one gets the prize


As usual, I'm way behind in matters of bloggery. When that happens, considerable linkage is required. So, in order of relative significance:

- "I've got to live the life I sing about in my song." (from the exo files)

- Perpetual war, part 3. Seymour Hersch reports that an invasion of Iran is a very real possibility. (courtesy of both Professor B. & Ian @ a Different Kitchen).

- Hip hop/soul producer extraordinaire, J Dilla extremely ill. Prayers and positive energy needed. [edited due to conflicting, slightly sketchy information]

- Women aren't tenured in the sciences because girls play with dolls. So sayeth Larry Summers, spoken word aficionado and president of Harvard.

- Mark Anthony Neal may be prolific (as recently noted by O-Dub), but what is that worth if his writing -- and too often his thinking -- is unbearably sloppy? I'm struggling to get past chapter two of Songs in the Key of Black Life. I haven't been this ticked off reading a book in a long, long time. (Review forthcoming, if I can swallow the hate and put some cogent, constructive criticisms together).

- Am I the only one who saw this coming?