no one gets the prize
As usual, I'm way behind in matters of bloggery. When that happens, considerable linkage is required. So, in order of relative significance:
- "I've got to live the life I sing about in my song." (from the exo files)
- Perpetual war, part 3. Seymour Hersch reports that an invasion of Iran is a very real possibility. (courtesy of both Professor B. & Ian @ a Different Kitchen).
- Hip hop/soul producer extraordinaire, J Dilla extremely ill. Prayers and positive energy needed. [edited due to conflicting, slightly sketchy information]
- Women aren't tenured in the sciences because girls play with dolls. So sayeth Larry Summers, spoken word aficionado and president of Harvard.
- Mark Anthony Neal may be prolific (as recently noted by O-Dub), but what is that worth if his writing -- and too often his thinking -- is unbearably sloppy? I'm struggling to get past chapter two of Songs in the Key of Black Life. I haven't been this ticked off reading a book in a long, long time. (Review forthcoming, if I can swallow the hate and put some cogent, constructive criticisms together).
- Am I the only one who saw this coming?